“In 2011, the Modes of practice symposium held in Stoke on Trent explored contexts and professional sensibilities for artists ‘in an age of austerity’. A manifesto was drawn up by artists and arts workers present, designed to create strength of purpose and solidarity amongst practitioners.
The manifesto stated:
1. Be active: support each other.
2. Be active: be an activist.
3. Be active: be an artist.
4. Value yourself, your time and your skills.
5. Share your knowledge and resources.
6. Focus, strategise and plan.
7. Be critical – be fair.
8. Know your rights.?”
via Paying artists: funding, frictions and the future | News | a-n.
Leave a Reply